October 29, 2005

Another Door Opens

My pint-sized prince has resurfaced...I've been neglecting the skater and though he vocalized an opinion, he has chosen not to hold it against me.

I smacked into him on my starbucks run pre-class (I'm on the caffeine again...it was inevitable). He bought me a cup and walked me to class, gently kissing me as I skipped up the steps not looking back.

I called him when it ended, the learning that is. We subwayed to Soho, whence I picked up goodie bag as he chain-smoked in wait. When he realized I'd never been to Katz's he dragged me with little protest and even shared his Black Cherry Coke. Hand in hand, we ambled gray streets with my gentle resists to his offers to coat me--all he had on was a white tee under his wintery cloak, I wouldn't dream of stripping it.

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to sit in Union Square park wrapped in a stylish man's sweet embrace just talking. We argued about whether those flickering numbers above Virgin Mega were the national debt (him) or the time at present (me--I blame Tommy for this notion).

No comments: