November 16, 2005

I put my foot down

 

After watching Oprah's jean special this afternoon featuring jean expert, Stacy London, I was compelled to don my size 10, boot-cut, stretch, slightly faded, stone-washed denim jeans--I'm a hair under 5'4" which means I should steer clear of boot-cut, dark denim is the norm for night, and fades are sternly frowned upon if they accentuate a problem area (like the thigh or butt)--it's apparently not flattering to the female figure. However, to minimize all this damage, I took Stacy's advice and incorporated a black, velvet, pointy-toed heel to elongate the leg as best I could to maximize my denim look.

That leaf got in my way and I stepped squarely on it with my triangulated toes--showed that leaf who's boss! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shoes solve everything... my pants are too big and basically falling off -- my solution? higher heels to keep the pants from dragging!

Anonymous said...

good artsy posts this morning. no objections from me. creative use of blog.

one denim comment-- i think men in NYC are kinda getting tired of the 'cockroach cruncher' designed-shoe. the ones with extremely pointy toes. so-called 'crunchers' because you can get the toe right into a corner when killing said arthropods.

anyway, the word on the street is: we've seen them used too much. and aren't they identified more now with latina women? I'm only asking.

[suspicious as to how fashion-savvy stacy london really is].

anyway, pretty vicious leaf maiming. shocking.