November 2, 2005

November Rain

That was my first song with a boy...he picked it. I let him, nay, begged him to pick a song for us. He loved that one. It's an awful song to share with someone. Especially in light of the tragic video. I should just be grateful it wasn't Milli Vanilli.

Over the years the selections haven't improved much...

The exception to the rule was:
Jaime Sample, senior year of high school, picked Savage Garden "truly, madly, deeply"--he was the skinniest pimp well since Snoop...that's what having three hot older brothers who all swam through college will do for a boy. He had a way with words and sent me my first dozen red, boy roses for my seventeeth birthday....ah, to be 17 again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - that Truely, Madly, Deeply song was Carlos and my song too - of course, it was not our song b/c we liked the horrid thing but b/c it was the song we dacned to at the semi when he kissed me.