November 4, 2005

Rosie

My little (she's 21) cousin, Rosie spent yesterday evening with Tommy and I. We were participating in one of our "weed and wine" sessions. It was her first time joining us, though she is far more adept at the weed than we are. I like to think I'm one up on her on the wine.

I suspect she had a bit much of both. Her woozy behavior might have been the symptom that led to my suspicion. Nonetheless, I made the executive decision that she spend the night; since she was no condition not to comply, she obliged. She'd left before I awakened, but had the courtesy to leave me a sweet message apologizing for unknown shameful acts as well as heartfelt gratitude for my forceful invitation that she stay over.

Her behavior was nothing but kosher, in her altered state, but her politeness touched me. Her high-dials were plentiful, and I hope her friends found amusement in her insistence that she was "in fact, acting and not at all high!" Gosh knows Tom and I found it hilarious in our own states of being.

Ditha joined us late in the game but for the sober sister, showcased nothing but support and general coolness of being. Props! I think I would have been sour in that scenario but she was the picture of grace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Rosie. I'm not as polite as my mom would like me to be. I gotta go mow my lawn now. Weed is super.

Anonymous said...

(Speaking as someone with a bit more experience than Rosie) I say, weed is for people behind-the-curve of actually living life. Its bleeding edge.

Great for chemo therapy. But unless you have cancer you're just needlessly giving up mental acuity.

Not a good idea in this dog-eat-dog society. . .