January 18, 2006

I was in Prague...REALLY!

This is as close to action as I got in Prague. Not that it was my intention to hook-up with a random Prague-r, but there was no debauchery by way of clubbing or bar-hopping. It was a tame time.
Though on the last day as we were leaving the hotel, a Czech man yelled something at me in Czech. When I stopped and glances quizzically at him he repeated it slowly in English--"You're Beautiful!" Well, lest it go to my head--Jo quickly quipped, "Not!"

Jo captured me, huddled in winter wear, on the jaunt down from Prague Castle at this scenic overhang. Nothing candid about this shot. Unlike Tracey who takes pains to "pose candidly", I am a firm believer in posing for the camera. It's not so much that I'm photogenic, it's more that I don't want to take the chance of an unwelcome shot.

My face really is smaller than a .5L glass of Hooegarden. I managed to swill a whole Liter in addition to my one mixed drink at The Peach Pit, not to be confused with the addition to its side--The Peach Pit After Dark! Eastern Europeans sure are crazy for their 90210. Each character immortalized in photographic splendor on posters and coasters--yet not on the menu. Go figure.

New York really IS the greatest city in the world. In Prague they acknowledge this by having a LARGE department store named "The New Yorker"--in no way affiliated with the eponymous magazine we have in the States. I decided to stand on a pedestal and point in an ad for this store.

No comments: