March 7, 2006

Hat maker, hat maker

I've been knitting hats. My first hat I presented to Ditha as she departed yesterday for her Telugu TV movie shoot in Hyderabad, India. She will have NO practical use for a gray, wool hat in the Hind--but at least she will travel to the airport in a hand-knit head covering. By the time she returns in May, I hope no hats of the warming variety will be required.

Yesterday, I made Tommy a hat to replace his gangsta green hat which is mysteriously missing. It wasn't me! No, really Tom-it wasn't me! It's an apt thank you for the Capoeria show he's taking me to on Friday. The perks of working at an Artists Credit Union abound.

I'm going to knit Tracey an orange hat tonight. I'm hoping to add a cute little flower on hers as soon as I learn how to crochet!

This was the item I learned to make at my Knitting 101 class at Knit New York last week.
I will go back tomorrow for Knitting 102. My fingers are crossed in the hopes that we will be trained to create a multi-colored scarf this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what they say about good knitters...they give good handjobs

Anonymous said...

Allow me to start this off by expressing to you that you might be under the misguided impression you can block me from viewing your blog but you can not. Ask the little one the tech guys at your firm if you don't believe me.

Secondly I appologize for my off color comment.

Lastly I would like to offer you a bit of help on your page. You should reduce the size of the content width down from 1000 pixels. Most people dont have wide screen monitors so that means they have to scroll right to see the links you have in your navigation bar. Standard layouts are 800 wide though some extend to 1000 these days. Anyhow it is just a suggestion.

BTW if that guy didn't select you he is a tool...

Sweet & Vicious said...

Thanks, WebMachiavelli...I've been meaning to spruce up the blog a bit--skins are on my agenda. Haven't had the patience to teach myself the tricks of the trade. I promise, I'll fix it in the next week though. You're right! It ought to look a lot better--after all presentation is a bit part of of the package.

Anonymous said...

put up pictures of your hats!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for that hat, YOU.