April 17, 2006

Tracey Tour

Tracey joined me for a Friday o' Fun.

I always forget how much fun you can have without drinking till I hang out with Trace. We had a blast--rain not withstanding, though I firmly believe that it brought my recovery to a standstill.

We had soup dumplings in Chinatown--she put aside her aversion to pork for two seconds to suck up the soupy goodness. I insisted on some bubble tea to which Tracey raised me a peach green tea. She LOVES green tea. After a brief amble which included the spotting and photographing of a bucket of live frogs being sold by the pound, we sat at an outdoor cafe under a rainy awning in Little Italy. Tracey indulged in a "decadent" tiramisu which resulted in the "shakes and giggles".

We discussed seriously the topic of Tracey's first pedicure--freaked as she is by feet. Hers in particular with generous dosages of shuddering at the thought of them being touched by others--strangers! I think I've talked her into it. A mani-pedi session will be our next adventure.

Keep in mind, Tracey is the girl that spent $69 on white, Italian leather flip-flops in Chinatown. She balks at $20 for a mani-pedi.
Adage: Penny wise and pound foolish, much?

No comments: