May 4, 2006

Can You Read Me Now?

Let me take a moment to sing the praises of Verizon Wireless.

As you know, I've been in text message purgatory the last 36 hours.
I dragged my phone's carcass to the verizon store on the corner of Water and Wall for a quick fix. I was convinced they would tell me to buy a new phone and offer to input my numbers for a nominal $20. Nothing nominal about that folks--it's a week's worth of caffeine. It's a pair of shoes at Payless. It's enough to support a small child in Gautemala for a month. And as long as I have fingers, I can punch in the digits myself.

To my surprise, the brace face behind the tech support counter merely plucked my phone and promised a fix within the half hour. I hopped to Century 21 to purchase some lime green rainboots with large daises on them lined with velvety pink fuzz.
Upon my return I had a brand new phone! It was my phone with a face lift. I lost all my Luckey pics and all the photos of my friends faces which appear when they phone me...but a small loss for the ability to text again.

TEXT ME!!!!!

No comments: