May 4, 2006

Faux Indian

There has been an emergence of faux Indians off late. Maybe I'm just late catching on--but Trini, West Indie, Guyanese (faux Indians) are everywhere in this city.

I just met one at my client meeting. Indian last name, white first name--West Indian--from NJ lives on the UWS. Do the West Indians live on the West Side and the East Indians (ACTUAL INDIANS) live on the East Side?

Not my type physically--but we may end up dating. He's not tall. We flirted for an hour during our "vendor meeting". He lived in San Fran for the last 8 years. He's from South Jersey, originally--not far from Great Adventure. He went to culinary school and studied acting then film making in college. He loves olives and doesn't find oysters to be an aphrodisiac--total foodie. Doesn't like the fast rides at amusement parks. He's one of three children.

He's offered to take me to happy hour on his expense account any time I need a drink--standing offer. Those are the kind of deals I like...
I'm not calling him, but if he calls me and suggests some boozing--I'm not going to turn it down.

No comments: