May 17, 2006

I smelled his sweater....

Today, one of my vendors (an attractive late 20's/early 30's chap) called my cell phone to beg me to rescue his black sweater from the training room in which he had absentmindedly left it.


I hastened to oblige. When I got there, I was overcome by the urge to pluck the sweater off the chair and bring it close my face--taking a deep whiff of the man who had worn it all day. I don't have a crush on the guy, but it's just been so long since I smelled a man's sweater. Also, he's a great guy--I should have a crush on him. He helped me lug heavy books (for another class) back to my desk--way out of his way.

It's the cliche thing that girlfriends really do--at least this girlfriend does: smell the sweater her guy left behind. There must be some primitive reasoning but the best I can do on speculation is the pheromone-high rich in olfaction.

No comments: