May 12, 2006

Oasis in Midtown

A colleague from work had a going away cocktail event last night at the W. The one with Whiskey Blue on 49th and Lex. Oasis is the lobby bar which presumes nothing but exudes everything--unlike Whiskey Blue which presumes everything and exudes nothing worthwhile.

I had arranged a date at Whiskey Blue to conveniently duck out of the work thing to the date thing and then met Jaylin for the move at E-Walk--across town. I had forgotten how much I loathe the after-work banker crew with requisite salmon shirts or pink, spotty ties with crisp white ones. It's not the dress code that bugs me--Lord knows suits are the only acceptable uniform on a man who hopes to be mine--it's the sheer volume of sameness. Gosh, conformity is disconcerting.

He was a nice enough guy--my date, that is--but the elusive spark continues to elude me. He was sufficiently dazzled by me but I can't say I could mirror the feeling. Another one-date wonder...I AM SICK OF FIRST DATES!

No comments: