June 7, 2006

The Catch

Having Fridays off means working 45 hours in 4 days which is no small feat. I know the bankers chalk this up to a light week--the first four days of which only took up 45 of the 80-100 hours they put in...but guess what I'm NOT a banker.

I don't get their salary or their bonus or the perks--not that I want to take clients to strip clubs--so I should not be on any comparable scale to the hours of their lives they devote to the green gods on paper.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining--I'm not--I'm merely stating the transition of living half your week in an exhausted stupor bowing to the drudgery of work and the rest recovering with much booze, laying about, and crammed social organization.

I've always lived me life in bouts but they've never been structured--it's a unique experience. So far so good, but it makes me nervous about burning out: not a concern I've had before. Time will tell--he always does.

No comments: