June 26, 2006

Hamptons Holiday

I spent a rainy weekend in the Hamptons with Special K and Leila. Karen was supposed to be our third but since her Frenchman has consented to meet her parents in Chicago she had DC Leila take her place.

The house was spacious with a pool in the courtyard and a tennis court in the back. Malibu meets South Beach in contemporary style yet set in a surburban enclave. Check out our Hamptons House!

I discovered just what a prude I was when I realized that though a few of the boys in the house were cute I had no desire to hook up with them given the proximity to them I would have to maintain in upcoming weekends. Of all people, I was quick to keep my distance and maintain a cool but congenial vibe. K picked out a mini Rob Loewe look-a-like to call her own while Leila proceeded to kiss, not one but TWO, boys who were guests of our fellow summer shares. Brandon was a tall, gorgeous vet student with closely cropped hair, an eyebrow ring and California style while Jon was a LI boy with a shaved head and East Coast attitude. K was viciously cock-blocked by Ja-nae-nae, a boy who was smitten with her--unrequited as his attention was--while she eyed his cute, ghetto friend--Chris--who pled defeat and fled the scene of our Saturday night toga party at The Surf Club. The photographer at Surf Club took a fascination to Special K and actually asked two boys to remove themselves from a photo so he could capture just her petite frame in his lens.

Leila and I danced on the platform at Surf Club while I DJ played all our requests and fetched us rounds of drinks for being "the cute girls on the dance platform". Jerry, a friendly drunk, bought us lemon drop shots from the hot toga-clab bartenders and his friend AJ's futile advances were shunned by us both. Though the Club was dead, we had a blast dancing with one another and the friendly boys from the house.

Friday night at Casey's the tacky '70s theme was mortifying but the scene was busier than expected for a rained out night. I had my first experience dancing with a gorgeous hip-hop gangsta guy--diamond studs, shaved head, polo shirt with baggy jeans and moves to make a sane woman melt--I was worried I wasn't keeping up till I busted out the Beyonce jiggle and he stood back to marvel and clap as all the jiggling...heehee, sometimes it pays to watch MTV. I pulled a drink and run on a friendly Manhattannite who bought me a Budlight as our house van pulled up--so I thanked him, took a big swig and ran out the door for the after party at the house.

Our housemates while cool were short guys and chubby girls--that's right, when I call a girl chubby...she's CHUBBY--which to my heart's delight made us the hottest girls in the house, hands down. Leila and K cuter than me for sure, but I was definitely in the running...will post pics as soon as Lei e-mails me her digital shots. My camera has yet to arrive, but I came home to Tommy graciously setting up my Dell with internet capability of the wireless form. Hurrah.

No comments: