June 13, 2006

Luckey Skeerels

Tommy, K, Gary, and I are officially in a skee-ball league. It was looking unlikely for a minute, when we showed up at the info session to find the league was full--I had not RSVPed with our team name in a timely fashion. Thankfully, a team dropped out and we're in like Flynn.

Brewskee Ball is the sport of skee ball elevated to drunken levels of competitive fun. Gary is an alternate and I'm team captain by default (as always my knack for finding unusual hobbies earns me undeserving titles).
Skeeson III starts this Sunday(I did not come up with this name!)

The team names are as follows: Skeelicious, Skee Patrol, Skee Amigos, The Great Gatskee, MSkee Hammer, Goatskee...you get the point--every title had a cheesy reference to the sport itself. I adore the dorkiness of it all..truly--ADORE it. I feel like I'm back in college with my enginerd crew...damn I miss those kids on D-Level.

Miller High Life is a proud sponsor--the champagne of beers indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's actually "In Like Flint," if you're referencing the 1967 precursor to Austin Powers. Not that you're a fan of Austin Powers. I know that. I'm doing 2 spaces between each sentence -- can't shake out that APA style.

Also...I don't really know what skeeball is. Operational definition for those of us not "in the know"?

Sweet & Vicious said...

I'm, in fact, referencing In like Flynn--Errol Flynn, the Australian who got off scott-free for statutory rape back in the day.

If look closer you will see that the text "Brewskee Ball" in this post is a hyperlink that will direct you to a full-fledged explanation of skee ball and in that context brewskee ball.