July 7, 2006

Epi


I bought this guitar yesterday. His name is Epi. (Yeah, real creative!) He came with a carrying case, electric tuner, three picks, a CD, and some manuals.

While I gawked at the hundreds of guitars at The Guitar Center, I realized that music has never been as big a part of my life as I would like it to be. I've signed up for Absolute Beginner Lessons on Tuesdays at 8pm starting July 18.

Tommy is going to take advanced beginner lessons since he can already play a few songs--songs he's recorded on his laptop. He's given me his intro book and assigned me the task of playing Ode to Joy come Sunday...I've been ASSIGNED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's awesome! But it's really hard, though, so be prepared to practice a lot before seeing results. And you get calluses on your fingers. After that, it doesn't hurt to hold down the strings as much. I could have just given you my guitar, you know. Us quitters really, really hate having them around "after."