July 15, 2006

Watching Movies Alone

Always one to take things to the extreme, I went to see not one but two movies by myself at the same theater, a few hours spaced apart yesterday.

The Regal Loewes in Union Square saw me in the late afternoon for Pirates of the Carribean and again at 12:55am for The Break-Up. Both movies were far from packed, but there was a mouse in the theater during the second, more desolate, show. I had Chickpea in had and swore my bag began rustling half-way through the movie. I moved seats twice for fear of a mouse for a companion.

No one noticed solo me at Pirates, but the ticket taker commented on a girl alone at the late showing for The Break-Up. He was sympathetic, saying he'd seen it alone himself. I wasn't expecting to be affected by Jennifer Aniston or Vince Vaughn and indeed Vince did not affect me, but Jennifer's rendition of weeping in a bedroom really struck a chord. I found myself crying as she cried and gasping as she gasped and as embarrassed as she was over the whole thing. Was that art imitating life or life imitating art?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are you? come back!! we miss you!

Anonymous said...

tru dat yo

Anonymous said...

Put down the ring-dings and update your blog.

Anonymous said...

The movies? Alone? Get used to it. It's going to be a running theme in your life.