August 3, 2006

Luckey Ducky Love Bug

Tracey calls me routinely and poses the question, "Do you love Luckey?"

Now, brave soul that I am...I have difficultly answering this question in the affirmative. It's not that I don't love the little guy, it's just that I find it hard to declare my love for a creature that bites and fights me incessantly.

He's hardly irreplacable--yet if anything were to happen to him, I would be quick to get myself a duplicate love bug to numb the pain of losing that precious puppy face and inquisite doting eyes, not to mention his pristine pallored fur.

It may not be him that I love, but I sure love the unconditional love and affection he represents.

Tommy will attest to my daily shouts of "Luckey Ducky Love Bug" in a fine British accent...that's gotta count for something!

No comments: