August 18, 2006

The Namesake

I finished reading The Namesake a few weeks ago and ever since I've been trying to hand the book over to someone with whom I can discuss the novel. Sadly, Tracey claims she has begun so I can't pawn it off on her for a quicker discussion date.

Tommy won't read anything that doesn't have to do with stocks, poker, american history, jewish history, or sports (be it atheletes or atheltics). Bah. But he did read The Alchemist upon my insistence--sadly he was high at the time--so no discussion could follow.

I'm very close to assign it as required reading for one of the boys I'm currently dating--how fun a date would that be? It's a book club of two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you read interpreter of the maladies? that was good too...
Also, did you know the Namesake movie is coming out this fall?