August 25, 2006

Wall Street Subway Stop

There exists a labyrinth connecting the JMZ to the 4/5 Wall Street stop. It was a surreal experience as I followed a grey-haired gentleman down the yellow brick road. I accidentally hopped a downtown train in my effort to make haste onto the Uptown track--this led to my journey underground.

The whole time this was happening, I kept thinking I was going to be trapped undergrond and never see the light of day again. Melodramatic--I think not!

There was a good deal of construction going on, so the workers kept looking at me dubiously but they couldn't very well reprimand me after letting the aged man before me pass. I finally stopped following him when I got to a deserted, wide, yellowing tiled hallway that led me to a populated train stop.

No comments: