September 24, 2006

Dorm Party

Last night, I actually attended a boozefest at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary! Yes folks, when the scalpels are out of their hands these residents really boogie down with beer pong, flip cup, and copious amounts of mixed drinks. Gray's Anatomy may have more truth to it than we would like to accept--medical references aside.

I stayed but a short while, I had a previous engagement I was missing to pop in for a quick hello to a flock of gay boys I'd always meant to meet yet never had. Not much of a Grace but always in search of her Will, I thought a successful doctor-type would be a good fit--but I'm not so sure anymore. I was too sober when I got there or they were too drunk, either way I got caught up in another Doctor girl's drama over her guy-of-the-moment and didn't have the mental capacity to experience vicariously 7th grade laced in alcohol with the potential of "hot" sex in lieu of a french kiss goodnight.

Taurean and Summer were my true impetus in attending with K in tow. My promise of cute doctors was met with a wry glare and a series of nods signaling that every piece of candy worth eye-ing was eye-ing man candy of his own. This is the New York we live in ladies.

Summer's inner domina peeked at us in her striking black ensemble--note to self--must find out where she bought that shirt. Tauren--always the picture of style was missing his Triple 5 Soul page boy hat--amazes me; he exudes both warmth and positivity with an ease and flow that are simultaneously comforting and daunting. He's the kind of friend you realize over time that was always rooting for you and if you become a better person over the course of your interactions you can be sure his heart was in it--where his heart is his hands follow. We all need people that push us to be better people; be they parents, older siblings, spouses, strangers, or a trusted friend...I've found mine in Taurean. I called him my guardian angel once--once when I was a mess over a boy who broke my heart--and it's true. He's my black Gabriel (hmm...Is that redundant? Was Gabriel black in the good book?)

No comments: