September 3, 2006

EuroTrip

Last night Li Chen informed me that his November sojourn would be to Eastern Europe and NOT South America as I had been previously led to believe. I immediately hitched my wagon to his star....we leave November 3rd for Berlin and do a whirlwind 3 weeks in Eastern Europe! Talk about getting your kicks in 2006. This will be my second trip to Prague this year. Hurrah.

Here is the tentative plan:
Fly out of NYC and SF (Mi and Li) respectively for Berlin on Nov. 3rd arrive next day
Spend two days there, then hop a train to Warsaw.
Two to three days later, board the overnight train to Krackow.
A day or two later, overnight to Budapest.
Spend a few days there, there over to Vienna with day trips to Bratislava since it's only an hour or so away by rail.
Head to Prague for my glorious return--depending on days remaining I may skip Prague and head straight for Munich for my return home in time for Thanksgiving.

Li plans to stay through the Thanksgiving holiday and return the Sunday after the fact--my mother would NEVER go for that plan, so I'll be departing on Nov. 23rd and flying in to Newark to the family festivities that will ensue.

WE will be purchasing the Eastern European Travel Pass for our train travels and buying separate train tickets in and out of Germany--since it is not included on the Railpass.

The excitment, it never ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to do the math before purchasing a rail ticket. A Eurail pass is often extremely poor value for money. I recommend Interrail passes, although they are difficult to come by...