September 8, 2006

Poland

So, due to the fear of being gassed on an overnight train in Poland--Li and I have given up Warsaw. I fought hard for Krackow, so it's still on the table...Li doesn't know it yet, but there will be a day trip to Auschwitz.

Incidentally, as I was telling Tom a few nights ago I'm a big believer in signs. That fate/God/the greater good sends us tokens of coincidental occurrences to guide us in choosing which fork in the road to tread on carefully albeit with a BIG stick.

My Poland sign was running in a guy I dated early in 2003. He's an Indian doctor whose name starts with (you guessed it!) A who recently moved back to the US after completing med school in POLAND. I was with my mom and her new husband so in lieu of making nice he asked for my number and we've been texting--he will recommend some great Krackow sights, sounds, and scenes to aide us in our journey. To Poland and beyond!

No comments: