October 9, 2006

Brooklyn Museum


This photo does not do justice to this regal structure as I first laid eyes on it as a dusky twilight cloaked Eastern Parkway and I raced up the stairs of the 2/3 stop, wrapping my black coat a little tighter around my short black dress as a crisp autum breeze whipped my hair back and gave tinkle to my oversized, Indian earrings.

I attended First Saturday at the Brooklyn Museum this weekend for some live music, ZoZo AfroBeats--thanks to Target--for Stella's birthday party. I wholly missed her and the eclectic crew of women she had assembled from Quakers to AA attendees...and the sexy Andrew Jackson--the woman doesn't own a cell phone. Who, in this day and age, lives sans cell?

Whilst in Brooklyn, I realized I very much wanted to be wed within the walls of this glorious structure. I hope we can afford to buy a run-down brownstone in the vicinty and spend free weekends restoring it to its former grandeur. I'd also like us to own a red Mini Cooper with a white top and a black Vespa with a tan seat and matching helmets...hey, a girl can dream.

More than one tree grows in Brooklyn by the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/w4m/218976945.html

You????

Anonymous said...

New Year's Resolution: post at least once to a public forum without using "sans"!

Anonymous said...

When someone says "sans" instead of "without" it means they're really imaginative and original. Anonymous #3, don't you understand that?

Anonymous said...

the brooklyn museum is beautiful. I have attended several a wedding there. did you take any pictures of the interior?