October 4, 2006

Home base

My homepage is CL.
My home is Manhattan, NY, USA.

My favorite color is red.
My favorite food is Indian--specifically, spicy vindaloo with basmati rice.
My favorite drink is the caipirinha.
My favorite shoes are flip flops with a kitty heel--I have simple green ones.
My favorite outfit is a long, flowing skirt with a fitted, cap-sleeved tee.

I don't re-read books, but some have affected me profoundly on the first go.
Books I've adored over the years include:
Little Women
The Great Gatsby
Catcher in the Rye
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Time Traveller's Wife
Tuesdays with Morrie
The Alchemist
The Namesake
Most things by Stephen King
Anything by Anais Nin

Movies I can watch over and over and over again:
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Eurotrip
Frequency
Shawshank Redemption
The Mummy & The Mummy Returns
It's a Wonderful Life
Any movie with an all-black cast--particularly, The Wood and For Love and Basketball
All the Indiana Jones movies
Bollywood: Anything with Shahrukh Khan in love

Shows I've seen the re-runs so many times, I know the words:
Charmed
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
Sex and the City
Will & Grace
Six Feet Under
Friends
Fraser
Beverly Hills 90210
Currently into Grey's Anatomy

Songs I'll never get sick of singing along to on my iPod:
Nelly Ride with Me, Air Force Ones
50-cent Build You Up, Hate it or Love it, In Da Club
Kanye West Hey Mama
John Mayer Your Body is a Wonderland
Strokes Last Nite
Cat Stevens Wild World
Billy Joel Uptown Girl
Maximillion Sexual Healing
Don McLean American Pie
Vanessa Williams Save the Best for Last
Frank Sinatra Fly Me to the Moon

Songs that take me back to a place or a person:
Peter Gabriel SMS--Rec Dances
Peter Cetera The song from the Karate Kid--Middle School
Green Day Good Riddance--High School Graduation
Drifters Save the Last Dance for Me--I wonder how Jamie Sample is doing?
Goo Goo Dolls Iris--Norman still calls me everytime it comes on
Cypress Hill Insane in the Membrane--Driving in high school
Sarah McLachlan I Will Remember You--Tracey and Helen...tracks to campgrounds
Alanis Morrissette Head Over Feet--First chick song I was angry enough to like
Jewel Pieces of You--Summer of '96 at Cornell
Sublime Caress Me Down--Summer of '97 at Hopkins
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer--College
Build Me Up Buttercup--Freshman Year
Kenny Rogers The Gambler--India, Summer 1999
Juvenile Back that Thang Up--Sophomore Year
Nelly Country Grammar--Junior Year
Fat Joe & Ashanti What's Luv?
Norah Jones Come Away with Me--I'm finally over you, Zayan!
Eagle Eye Cherry Save Tonight--Dorm Life
Shaggy Angel
Monica Angel of Mine--I miss you, V!
Third Eye Blind Semi Charmed Life--Zecki
DMB Say Goodbye--ugh...A I banker
Mario Just a Friend 2002--Moving to NYC
Rick Springfield Jessie's Girl--I miss you, Amy...how's SD?
Sean Paul Temperature--Summer 2006
Nelly Furtado Promiscuous Girl--My first ringtone ever!
Wyclef & Shakira Hips Don't Lie--Hamptons 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's luv...that's a great song....what does that remind you of?