November 29, 2006

Airport Encounter Outbound

When I arrived at JFK with Reba's black pack strapped to me over a large hooded black coat and maroon fleece--burning up from the unseasonally warm Fall weather--covered in a fine mist of rain on November 3, 2006 at 7:02pm for my 8:36pm flight to Munich I was alarmed to be notified that they had overbooked my flight.

This dread quickly transtioned to glee when Lufthansa rebooked me on a Singapore Airlines flight to Frankfurt where I could surprise Li Chen with my sweet, plane tired self and ride with him to Berlin where we would be meeting a solo travel weary Tommy to begin our Eurotrip. Oh, they also gave me 300 Euro for the "inconvenience".

Whilst I stood in the obscene line to check-in at the Singapore Air terminal, I began chirping into this tall, African man's ear my irritation surrounding the long wait. He had the most ezquisite cheekbones and a backpack that rivaled mine in widst with a significant win on length. His name is Hashim Mills-formerly of Rise and Shine--and he was launching his solo career with a gig in Frankfurt. He laughed at all my jokes and overall found me to be a delight. I had the good sense to get his autograph, just in case, he explodes I can sell that shit on e-bay and make a KILLING. Alright, I wouldn't do that...but it was very cool nonetheless. He input my e-mail into his trio and I'm hoping that means I'll be on the mailing list to future events with a free backstage pass to boot.

No comments: