November 1, 2006

Halloween Happiness

K and I dressed up as a baseball player (an adorable, short dress with red and white stripe and a pleated bottom with requisite red hat and inflatable bat!) and a fire chief (tight red dress so short I had to don tights to be civilized and a red plastic helmet that explained "Fire Chief!") to check out the Halloween Parade on 6th Ave. near Spring Street. Neither of us had been before and I sure was glad I packed a flask for the event. The weather was glorious, though the costumes weren't laboriously crafted.

I was bored after the first half hour so we headed over to Slate Plus for some drinking and dancing and general costumed merry making. Along the way people stopped us to take our picture--while I think that's highly flattering, there is something to be said for those photo collectors who know not their subjects.

No comments: