December 31, 2006

2006 melts into 2007

I feel like I pretty much wrote a year in review entry in my 500th post, so here's a post dedicated to the developments of the last few weeks that have implications for the next month.

Potential job in the works. I don't want to jinx myself but the interview went well even by my high standards for interviews. The job is at a small firm in the heart of Times Square providing HR Generalist support for a team of 40 subcontractors and consultants who are placed on systems projects at big banks. I should hear back Jan. 5 but I'm guessing most likely it may be the week after.

I'm officially with Irish. Despite my lunacy and insecurities, he's sticking with me for now. One month down...hopefully a whole bunch more to go. So far he's handling me, I'm hopeful.

Finally, officially, quit grad school. B-school is on hiatus. I've decided to apply for 2008 which gives me a little time to perfect the application and gather the perfect recommendations. Not to mention develop a clear plan for post graduate life.

Settled matters with both major exes once and for all. V and I are going to be friends for life. He's moved so far on and I've come to terms with it. I love him to death and he me, but we're in a platonic place or at least as much of one as we can ever be in. I'm 100% over Zayan. I haven't so much as thought of him since I met Irish, but I'm surprised the holidays didn't even stir in me a desire to send him a cursory text. We are faux friends. Not in that it's fake as much as it is forced, but it's important to me to keep him on my terms and I think I finally am.

Luckey is my perfect pup pup love bucket. He grows nearer and dearer to my heart with every passing day. We have our spats but he's my heart's delight.

No resolutions. Well, perhaps just resolve to be more productive, less crazy, and appreciate the truth that self-satisfaction need not interfere with self-improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noticed you deleted some comments that used to be here..