December 16, 2006

5-year College Reunion

I'm so sick of getting reunion materials in the mail...they started sending me information in June for the April '07 reunion event and the more I receive from Hopkins the less I want to go back.

It was a great college experience, mine was. I'm just not far enough removed from it to appreciate that it's over. Sometimes, I wish I could go back for a day or a week or a month but I know in reality that would just irk me to no end and I'd just wish to return to my life in the city. My life void of work, meaning, and achievement. At least in college I was a pillar of the community--by choice and luck--but in the past six months I've managed to extricate myself from most facets of being an adult citizen who functions independently and manages a cosmopolitan lifestyle.

I'm living the dream but quickly losing sight of what that dream really is.

No comments: