January 23, 2007

Millionaires Share Cabs

Roughly a year ago, I happened to share a cab with Boaz Weinstein. I jumped in the first available cab on Water Street after a long work day and he was in a rush. He politely asked if I minded sharing the cab since we were both heading uptown. He hopped off near the UN--while I went further north to the UES--he gave me $15 which was more than his fare but less than what the fare ended up being when I reached my destination. The next day I thought to myself, I should look up that nice chap in the German Bank's intranet system to refund him the money I owed him...but as with most initiatives, the fleeting thought passed.

Today, as I was catching up on Amit's blog I stumbled across Ashok Vardhan--a young Indian who pulls in some serious cash--in my cyber stalking of him I stumbled across Boaz whose projected income last year was $30-$40 million.

WTF? I shared a cab with that guy! His suit didn't look any more stylish or expensive than any other suit. He looked young...he should, he's only 31. But most importantly...he could have slipped me $20--no reason he shouldn't cover my cab fare for speeding up his arrival at that hotel by the UN--honestly, he could afford it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.cgsh.com/english/lawyers/bio.aspx?id=7408 - isn't that the guy?

Anonymous said...

so how is the new job going?

Sweet & Vicious said...

No, that's a different Boaz. He's a lawyer.