March 31, 2007

US Xpress Desk Minion=Me

I will be working on migrating data at US Xpress in the WFC starting Monday, April 2. After 8 months of waking, sleeping, eating, leaving as I saw fit I will again be slave to that routine schedule employed individuals are forced to keep.

Yes, this will be the most boring assignment on God's green Earth but it pays a good deal for what it is with the opportunity for 10-20 hours/week in time and a half overtime promised. There is also no danger of me cutting and running as the actual contract is for 2 months with option to renew should the work be incomplete or prolific, at their discretion.

Incidentally, the WFC is where D'Souza works when he is actually at his home office. It is also a 10-15 minute walk from my current residence.

To living a debt-free existence: hip hip hooray!
To being a menial computer monkey: boo!

Into the sunset with cash lacking sleep in my drive to be productive and civilized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! Will you really be able to go from doing nothing to working 10-20 hours of overtime a week?