July 18, 2007

Opal 2 for 1 Tuesdays

I used to go to Opal all the time when I lived on E. 54th St. but my loyalty dwindled when I moved to the UES then FiDi. Now it's squarely between FiDi and SpaHa, so my allegiance has resurfaced in light of their 2-4-1 deal on Tuesdays.

Yesterday, I was sitting outside with my friend--she's preggers--and she complained incessantly about maternity clothes being too revealing and cleavage boasting. I couldn't really sympathize on either count but her general negativity made me seem like the paragon of Sweet optimism--odd, that was!

Incidentally, she's due next month, she continues to imbibe intoxicants in increments irrespective of her indiposed status. I'm not sure I condone it but I certainly don't condemn her choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awful! how can she do that in light of the knowledge we have these days regarding the effect of alcohol on the fetus?