October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad you came to our department.
Your cheeriness, indignation, grace, aplomb, and ability to discuss politics, theory and current events have utterly endeared you to me.
Many happy returns of the day~

The above was in my inbox this morning when I got to work. I love colleague love. The department also sent me a dozen tangerine roses--they had NO IDEA those were my absolute favorites!

D'Souza's pink vase filled with the most exquisite long-stemmed white roses with bright pink tips just arrived. With a delightful card that read: "Here's wishing you the happiest of birthdays. P.S. I searched for hours but couldn't find any tangerine roses. Hope these will suffice."

They will MORE than suffice. They're absolutely gorgeous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, happy b-day. what are your big plans?

Anonymous said...

cute!
pictures of the flowers and new haircut?