October 2, 2007

Sunrise to Sunset

I did not grumble when D'Souza roused me at 6am on Sunday for our voyage North.

We departed promptly at 6:17am from Lakeside Trail...the sun rose on the way. I think that might be the first sunrise I've seen in the '00s.

Later that day, we departed from University Ave. after a HORRIBLE Indian buffet at Diamonds--the only Indian joint in downtown Ithaca--(outrageous consideration the number of Indians roaming around the Cornell campus that they don't have decent desi food!). We saw the sunset as we crossed the GW Bridge at 6:42pm.

I don't think I've ever seen the sunrise and set on the same day--especially not whilst riding beside someone special through a scenic slice of the American landscape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what on earth were you doing in ithaca??