June 23, 2008

Life Plan: Revised

After much introspection--6 years, more accurately the last 6 months--I've figured out what I want to do for the rest of my life.

That's right...I'm ready to commit...to myself. That's definitely the first step on the path to committing to someone else. I digress.

I've decided to apply to graduate school for Clinical Psychology (concentrating in personality disorders). That's correct, I'm voluntarily signing up for 5 more years of school (aka abject poverty).

My slow arrival to this point is mired in distractions like law school and business school--both of which have MUCH higher ROIs--thankfully, I didn't spend the money despite the time wasted.

Upon graduation, I wish to start my own practice (yay therapy), publish pop psychology articles that will hopefully eventually be consolidated into a compilation while I adjunct at an university focused on the Boulder model (scientist-practitioner)and not the Ivy-induced researcher as scientist methodology.

Of course, I had to wait till my awesome GRE scores EXPIRED to come to this conclusion but such is my life. Yeah! So now I have to take the GRE...again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Commendable goals indeed. I remember being shocked at the combined law/business dual degree scheme.

Now this! Yikes. Quite a drastic jump. Five more years of school. . groan!

I'm just glad you didn't say 'marine biology' lol

Anonymous said...

What is ROI?

Sweet & Vicious said...

ROI=Return on Investment
A popular term in economics classes...