July 3, 2008

Gay Burst

Riding the LIRR from Jamaica to Hampton Bays this morning/afternoon I witnessed my first official gay burst!

There was a pair of screaming children sitting directly behind me--kicking my seat and generally causing a ruckus. Their mother did not just skip chastizing them she in fact encouraged their unruly behavior by applauding their verbal abilities. Their colored nanny who was sitting across the aisle from mother and children was moritified but clearly enjoying her "ride off".

In front of me sat a charming gay man--proudly carrying a rainbow bag and wearing some very gay shades--who hit his breaking point at Patchogue and WENT off at the mom. He started by merely lifting himself from his seat and walking over to inform the mother that she needed to keep her kids quiet. To which the definition of WASP mother responded "No entiendo ingles, mi amor!" This inflamed the flamer as we had ALL heard her cooing to her offspring in the American English we speak so freely.

He hotly retorted, "Either you can shut them up or I will."
To which she stood up outraged and spit out, "Excuse, what did you just say?"
He smirked, "Wait. I thought you didn't speak English!"
She merely stared at him fish-mouthed as he continued to dig into her.
"I'm not the only one that's had this ride ruined by those screaming children. If you can't control your kids maybe you should consider driving out next time or perhaps not sugaring them up before exposing the rest of us to them."
She kept yelling at him...till he finally got off the train and threw one last insult, "I'm glad I said something even if I was almost at my stop. You're a bitch!"

I wanted to shout a mighty, "Amen!" but I didn't. COWARD, I know!

The rest of the passengers turned on him as soon he left throwing the mother conciliatory glances and open apologies like:
"What's his problem!"
"Children will be children"
"He was getting off, why did he make such a big deal."

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God I hate New York women, they think they can get away with anything and that they're always in the right.

He should have slapped the shit out of her. Or used a super-soaker or something. I've been meaning to get myself one sometime. Straight up. Women don't deserve a slap, it's not worth the litigation. But they need to be soaked down in situations like this.

On the bus today back from the beach (4 hour trip) I had to sit next to a wetback and his biache who not only sat too close to me, (I don't want some male thigh resting on mine, thx) they ate junk food the whole trip (noxious fumes everywhere) and for some reason they thought it was "okay" to play music off a speaker!!

Like, they're smart enough to know that radios have always been frowned upon on buses, but he 'didn't think it was that loud' when I asked him if he could stop the noise. Godamn.

The one city where noise-courtesy should be #1, people have the damndest sense of selfishness. Noise is the single most aggravating part of New York, hands down. Shut the fuck up, people!!