September 16, 2008

Job Shopping

Since I've job hopped my entire adult life, I am seriously job shopping this final go around. I intend to hold onto whatever job I get through the next academic year. That's right, I'm settling down--well my version of it, anyway.

Here is the part-time line-up as it currently stands:

1. Assistant to a legit TV B-lister (as per IMDB)in her UES home office primarily focused on her non-profit venture. Cleared the interview--my trial day is Thursday.

2. Corporate Short-Term Rental Manager at Furnished Quarters serving as a point person to corporate relocators. Interview Thursday.

3. SURF Progam Coordinator at Columbia University--managing the Science Undergrad Research Fellowship in the Biology department under Dr. Alice Heicklen. Interviewed on Friday, but I have a feeling I didn't make the cut.

4. Columbia Business School Executive Education Conference Planner. Phone interview in 15 minutes, followed by an official interview on Friday at Columbia. This job involves 3 weeks on-site in CT facilitating a conference and only runs through November 2008.

5. Real Estate Assistant at an UES boutique: showing properties, returning phone calls and e-mails as well as assisting brokers. Interview Friday.

6. SCORES (not the strip club) Poetry Teacher for an after-school program in Harlem for 3-5 graders. Interview Friday.

7. Manhattan Review Academic Program Coordinator: Liaising with international students and professors with Ivy PhDs in developing tailored classes for GMAT prep. No interview yet, but I'm hopeful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you happiest in either #1, #6, or #7; best pick is the Poetry job. Except, you dislike kids!

Wish you much good luck! Keep us apprised!


C.

p.s. (lol @ Scores strip club, you'd start a riot there)

Anonymous said...

p.s. have you ever even been inside a strip club?

Anonymous said...

well???? update?

Anonymous said...

helloooo, what job did S&V wind up taking?

Sweet & Vicious said...

Sorry for the delay but it's all squared away now...so check out the update above.