September 11, 2008

Photo Taker-Outer

I just got home from a photo taking frolic in Central Park with A. He looks a lot like V and he laughs at everything I say--I haven't decided if that's endearing or annoying.

While we were walking and snapping pictures of everything from trees to ducks to lovers in Strawberry Fields, I fell silent and he sidled up to me and said, "What are you thinking?"

I almost burst into tears....it's been so long since anyone asked me what I was thinking--too long. This perfect stranger not only cared to know what I was thinking but in our brief time together sensed that my silence was a sign that something was amiss.

Thankfully I didn't weep but sighed and continued chirping about the green water and light in the trees...he let it go, but I'm still thinking about that.

Not once in my time with D'Souza did he EVER ask me what I was thinking...it doesn't really matter whether if it was because he didn't care of because he thought he knew...but not once...in over a year...not once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's somewhat shocking to me. outlandish.

booo, d'souza

Sweet & Vicious said...

It IS shocking, right? I mean...how could he never have asked?

Anonymous said...

You're plainly dating the wrong type of guy. I've always found your male selections utterly mystifying.

Even when I used to tease you (for which i'm sorry) I found it a very complex conundrum. What type of guy IS best for this girl?

It has to be someone who has a thick skin, he has to stand up to all your crabby, criss-crossing, and demanding ways; but he also has to be someone who is also totally in tune with your hugely romantic and sensitive side.

Tall order! I really thought D'Souza could do no wrong for a while there, but now I see he had feet of clay. Totally unsuitable (except for his strangely big penis, wtf?)


Anyway. Rooting for ya.

:o)