October 9, 2008

Boarder Boards

Last week my boarder informed me that he would be heading back to Karachi, Pakistan on Monday, October 13. I was happy to hear I'd have the place to myself again and sad to note that my weekly non-taxed supplemental income of $125 would soon be a thing of the past.

Before his departure the boarder's childhood friend, a physician from Britain, is staying with us for a week. They spent last weekend and the early part of this week on a road trip to DC via Philly.

Additionally, my Chi-town gal pal is coming to town tomorrow for an NYC weekend...talk about a full 480sq feet.

Good thing we're all adequately brown--everyone is aware of the cramped living and no one finds it odd enough to warrant complaint.

The above statement is only one of the many reasons I don't date white men. Try explaining to one of them why not a shudder to be found at the reality of such close quarters among friends. I call it hospitality without boundaries--kinda like doctors without borders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bah!

that's a ~totally~ unfair bias.
surely, you see that don't you?

its also irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things. you'd let something as mundane as that stand in he way of true love?

omg, i am disappointed in you tonight! shame on you!

:(


--c



p.s. (I know--don't call you shirley, right, I get it. ha ha)