November 22, 2008

Date Night!

I haven't been on a date for the better part of the year....well, that's not true. I was on a date just last month with that disaster from Jersey City. But I haven't had a standing Sat. night date in over a year. Yes, despite living with D'Souza the first quarter you will recall we never actually DID anything outside our apartment after the initial weeks of wooing early in 2007. Lesson learned, but point being, date night has had no meaning to me in many moons.

However, the last two weekends I spent saturday evening with Zayan. Two weeks ago attending Jo's "Depression" party in Williamsburg--back when we thought the economy couldn't get worse--then last weekend watching Slumdog Millionaire and getting wasted at Continental. Tonight, we are meeting in Chelsea around 6 to check out Medieval Pagoda Art then dining at Naima or Brite Bar before heading back East to Bowery to check out live music at Crash Mansion. That's an evening of New York proportions. His bff from high school and Jo will join us on this non-date just to ensure no set pattern emerges.

You are well versed in my belief that once is chance, twice is coincidence, but three...three, my darling, is a pattern. Too bad, three broken promises didn't alert me to this reality about the Douchebag but Hope was the salve I liberally applied in the aftermath of that debacle. Coitally induced cohabitation blurring any foresight. Hindsight, thankfully, remains 20/20!

No comments: