January 3, 2009

Off Limits

Three days into the New Year, I'm a poster child for Nancy Regan's Nike campaign:
No ex sex. No ice cream. No drunken displays of debauchery. No beer pong. No fun =(

That's not entirely true, it's not that it's been un-fun. Perhaps, I need to re-evaluate my definition of fun or perhaps I need to snap out of my den of disinterest to re-engage with this wanton world.

I've been walking around with my shoulders hunched in lounge wear, donning enormous glasses to avoid eye contact to ward off any potential suitors. It's not subconscious. It's very unlike me, but it's who I've become. These delineations: Me vs. Not Me, seem foolish given the reality that people who make these proclamations often protest too much. To say another way, what they term NOT THEM is often very much THEM.

Indeed, I am not me. Something to think about throughout 2009...

No comments: