March 31, 2009

Black & White Bar

Located at 86 E. 10th Street is Black and White bar with an eponymous awning. I have walked by at minimum 1000 times but until today had not been inside. Apparently Hilary Duff was there but I didn't see her--after my 2-second convo with Kirsten Dunst at Niagara whence I learned that she was UNFRIENDLY, I'm not likely to bother with pop starlets.

Taurean invited me to join him at a mini high school reunion of sorts facilitated by Facebook. I arrived in a suit--I had an interview earlier in the day and hadn't had a chance to change since I went to Tea immediately afterwards. The group turned out to be mostly boy musicians, one of whom was visiting from Europe which is what led to this impromptu gathering.

They were surprisingly friendly and inclusive for a group of people who were friends from high school. One of the very cute boys is in Stone Forest Ensemble. He lives in Fort Greene, Brooklyn and attended Pratt at some point. If he is any indication of what CO boys are going to be like, I'm gonna LOVE Denver.

Suddenly very happy that it's Spring and I live the single life in NYC...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. . BOO, HISS to all V.I.P.'s and media-darlings

I hates 'em!