April 20, 2009

36-hour Crush

I had a crush that lasted 36 hours. I'm usually not so fickle.

Yesterday, a boy who came to my half-birthday party whom I work with, become the object of my first crush of 2009. NO spring fling was had.

Thanks to my Facebook stalking powers, I unearthed a common friend who was Tommy's ex gf who is now married and lives in Florida. She informed me that he was as genuinely sweet, smart, and good as he seemed. She also insisted he was straight and single.

Shortly after he sublte probe she reported that he had recently begun seeing someone. Now, I'm convinced this was a very gentle manner of handling disinterest...not entirely certain if it was his idea or hers to couch it in these terms but even if it is not the case it really doesn't matter.

My crush crushed me in record time.
Wow, the shelf life of a crush has been dramatically reduced since the last time I did this crushing thing. WAIL.

No comments: