May 12, 2009

Witness

I woke up at 6:15am this morning to D'Souza's phone alarm followed by my 6:30am alarm blaring me back to consciousness. After a lot of snoozing I crawled out of bed, found Luckey huddled on the couch, readied myself to move my car from it's 8:30-10am parking restricted spot on E. 111 near 2Ave.

I decided to drive down to 141 Warren Street to bear witness to Karen and Jed's civil ceremony. However it was 141 Worth Street and I wasn't about to give up my prime street spot a la Muni Meter on Murray Street...all $1 worth of safety.

Lauren and her hubby-to-be (18 days!) were picking up their certificate as they will be having the signing and witnessing at the actual ceremony. Kar couldn't do the same since Jed's visa expires tomorrow which will make him an illegal alien for the next two months prior to their departure to London where he will take on a post at the German Bank at which I once worked. Additionally, she is getting married at a French chateau in FRANCE.

After the ceremony in the East Chapel at 141 Worth Street, I was able to drive the two brides and grooms to Le Park Meridien for brunch at Norma's. Thankfully I managed to secure Muni Meter parking on W. 57th for a mere $3. Yay. The parking Gods beamed upon me today. I just got home in time for the 11:30-1pm restriction to lift and found a choice spot on E. 102 up a block from my abode.

So yeah, I was a witness at someone's official NYC authorized wedding. Me, who beds complete strangers yet goes predictably back to ex-boyfriends for non-dating and non-mating. Me, who was a precocious child and mature teen. Me, who is an immature, fiscally irresponsible adult. Yay!

No comments: