October 24, 2005

Go Sports!

Tommy had a baseball party last night--the evite to which my response was "Go Sports!' brought Tom some amusement. The Astros lost game 2 of the world series and he's uber sad. It must be said they lost game 1.

It touches me how much boys care about their sports teams. They're almost better than real people in their lives sans the high expectations and emotional dependency. I don't think I've ever cared that much about anything other than interpersonal relationships. I guess it's a pride thing. Maybe it's a commitment thing. After all most men have had team allegiance long before they even start playing sports or liking women. Besides, the team asks nothing of you other than undying support--an occassional cheer--and copious amounts of drinking.

No comments: