October 13, 2005

Quit on Life

The season is ripe for reinvention.

I'm not thrilled with where my life has gone this week. I quit my job. I just stopped going after I turned in my resignation letter on October 7. It's a pattern with me. Once I've mentally checked out, I can't physically check in.

It's my tragic flaw--at least it would be if I was a Shakespearean hero...did, the heroines have the same problem? Come to think of it, Shakespearean heroines were all secondary characters, supporting roles to hold up the hero--no matter how weak the protagonist.

Sometimes, I feel like that weak protagonist in the play of my life. But if I'm the playwright, why can't I just rewrite it? Better yet, add a plot line to improve matters?

I'll tell you why...I can't add or take away characters at will. That pesky free will--it dominates and I'm subjugated by it. I bow down to free will...yours, hers, his, and everyone else's...all I can control is my own...tell me, what do I do with free will now?

No comments: