October 13, 2005

Unemployment Line

It's so easy now...with the Internet. All you have to do to collect unemployment is fill out a form online. The most elusive thing required is your previous employer's FEIN (federal employer identification number), which usually shows up on the W-2 they had you fill out. But who keeps that paperwork around or anywhere accessible.

So I phoned my agency, since I was an outsourced employee, ascertained the number and clicked the submit button. Now I wait a week, re-sign on and get myself processed in the system.
No lines, no real waiting...that's service.

Can't help but feel a bit depressed. After all, it's depression era behavior. Unemployment.

I quit, I shouldn't feel this lousy. But soceity places a high premium on job and the status therein. I'm no different for all my sweetness and viciousness. I just want to pay my bills and work as little as possible to do it.

No comments: