October 29, 2005

Standing in Line

In front of New York Costumes with Tommy this evening, I wasn't impressed by the number of procrastinators among us. This was worse than the mayhem that ensues every year the day before Christmas. We actually stood in a line outside the shop--sans velvet rope--to peruse through what was left of the Halloween extravaganza.

I talked Tom into being a Ninja. The line wrapped around the store so we improvised: buying a scraf, hat, glove set at K-Mart and popping into Ricky's for num-chucks (the cushy foam variety). I had to explain in painstakingly terms just why it was unwise for him to carry a real sword--the fact that he has one in his apartment as is, worries me.

Personally I liked him best the year he "Pimped out" with white boa, oversize shades, and a gangsta jacket--maybe a repeat is in order next year. I must say, he looks damn good as a Ninja, blacked out, with just those baby blues peeking through. Go white boy, go!

No comments: