October 31, 2005

The Truth about Unemployment

The scavenging aspect to your existence coupled with inevitable credit card debt are the major drawbacks of unemployment...that's no myth, folks!

I don't mind scrounging except when it comes to food. Ditha and Special K will tell you, I can be a cheap bastard about all things except food. I just can't in good faith consume something that is stale, low-quality or generally bad. Keep in mind this extends to ToxicHell (tacobell) not so much high fat, sucrose products. Of all things to be a snob about, food brands are a strange fancy of mine.

I'm not at the point where I'm clipping coupons yet, mainly because I see no shame in that but more because I don't grocery shop enough for that to be real to me.

My general anxiety surrounding when these unemployment checks will start flooding my mailbox are really starting to get to me--what with rent due at some point this week. There are limits to lateness in the realm of tenantship. Not that I fear eviction but why add that to my list of problems.

I'd like to not worry about money so much for a change.

No comments: