November 20, 2005

DeRailed

Caught DeRailed with my mom at Regal in Union Square...completely predictable.
It was sweet that my mom "ooh-ed" and "aah-ed" in all the mass media produced places. She has this "mom" tendency to comment out-loud at the most inappropriate times.

I totally see what it's like to vicariously enjoy something through a child's eyes--that must be at least part of why people have them. To enjoy what you once did but can't in that way with your own old eyes. My mom's a pediatrician--not retarded--just emotioally tuned in to the "little" people channel.
I must say it took every morsel of strength for the patient angel within to strangle to an arrogant silence my impatient devil side.

My mom's been great, especially since we stopped sharing a roof and I've stopped reporting more than I choose about my choices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Host's sentences are getting mighty cumbersome in places lately. . twisting in on themselves like pretzels. .

funny story nevertheless.

just goes to show ya:
down with mainstream movies! you can't trust them. bah!