November 21, 2005

Junior Training Manager vs. Junior Learning and Development Advisor

Day 1--German Bank

Other than confusion surrounding my actual title, today was the world's perfect first day. I arrived promptly at 8:30am--a true feat, for me!

A Training Coordinator (the role I actually interviewed for) began with me. She's fresh out of college and seems very sweet. What was sweeter still was getting to assign her work. I always knew I was meant to delegate.

The team had a lovely lunch set up for us. The environment is definitely much, much, much better than Silverstein Katz--if you recall, I hated every minute with those bastards. 10 hours just flew by!

Highlight of my day--listening to random conversations in German and thinking my linguistic abilities had temporarily forsaken me, only to realize it was in fact one of those languages I did not know. phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post, glad to hear Day 1 went okay

--signed
Cruel but Fair